Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Never Thirst Again

 "Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,  but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”John 4:13-14


Hello readers. Welcome to my heart.  Let's begin.  

I'm really excited about this blog.  I love when God reveals more of Himself to me.  Now, its your turn to hopefully see Him as well through this blog.  Because, I believe there are some key things of God that we CAN easily miss out on because of our limited brain capacity.  Which further amazes me how we'll cling so tightly to our own understanding of things.  Which is why God suggests that we not lean on it, because it'll get us nowhere closer to Him.  (Proverbs 3:5-6) 

Anyways, let us begin.  As with many things, God gave me this article.  And that simply means its been on my heart here lately so of course I would share it with you all.  So in my quiet time the other day I was just thinking on some things and this verse came to me.  Well, more so the words, "never thirst again."  And God quietly said, "And a lot of my children don't understand this."  


Yes.  Here once again God is reminding us that HE IS EVERYTHING WE NEED.
If we have any room to complain, whine, or whatever about our situation-----we should go drink again.  Because God is simply saying that He is all we need.  We should never be thirsty for anything.  And I know what you're thinking, "Come on Claude, you don't understand.  My life isn't this cut and dry and mushy." My friend I'm sorry, but that's not my problem.  I'm doing a book report about what my Father has told us and He said we should never be thirsty again if we drink from the living water.  So my joy and expectations are dependent only on what He offers me, not on what my situation and the world offers me.  


My mother is being used as an example for this blog because it was from our conversation that this was placed in my heart.  My mother has been a single mom for most of my life.  We always have conversations about what she wants to do to her house, about her getting a raise at work, more money, new car, extended bathroom, etc.  I listen to her pretty often pour out dreams of more stuff she would like to have or do in life.  Nothing wrong with that right?  So when God blesses her with some of these things, she's happy.  But what happened this time, after she got new flooring put in her house, we were having a serious heart to heart conversation and she exposed to me some hurt in her heart from my dad leaving and her giving so much of herself to her children---she feels used up and has nothing to offer a husband if God blesses her with one.  And God took over the conversation.  (And this example will be used in my Healing series I'm getting prepared to start as well.)  But God took over the conversation and I said to her, "SEE MOM, THESE THINGS DON'T HEAL US.  These things do not make us HAPPY."  I said while pointing at her new floor that's 3 months old.  Jesus told us we should never thirst again, so that means we can be so completely filled up and satisfied with Him that all these Earthly blessings are overflow---ALL EXTRA.  Because this is what I know happens, since we focus so much on our Earthly blessings, that becomes our gauge of how deserving God is of our praise.  We'll praise louder when we get that raise.  We'll praised louder when God somehow worked it out for a bill to get paid, or for us to go on vacation, or my car didn't break down. What about His son that came and died for you?  That took a beating and nails in His flesh for you? Hey, you do not have to live in this pit of sin anymore, but we can have new life and an abundant supply of it. THAT'S our gauge of how good God is.  If we only praise God only when good things happens to us, no sir/maam.  God deserves the praise even if you lose everything.  See Job.  God deserves the praise even when you're betrayed by your friend, denied by your friends, hung up on a cross for an unappreciative world.  See Jesus.  God deserves the praise when your plans don't work out and you wrongly end up in prison.  See Paul.  I can keep going for days with this.  And I know this is hard to understand.  But is it really?  What did Jesus say?  And man, the rest of the verse explains how this was able to be done by these men. 

But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”John 4:13-14


That's called JOY!  Pure, 100%, no Trans Fat, no additives or preservatives, JOY OF THE LORD. So one sip of the goodness of God can produced this fountain of joy that's flowing through your body and nothing can phase you.  No matter what life throws at you, and oh by the way, it will throw things at you.  We can't blame God for life doing what He said it'd do.  Instead, lets embrace this verse.  Let's seriously drink from the living water so we're never thirsty again, but most importantly, so that fountain of joy can be flowing through our bodies. And this my beautiful friend, will be your gauge of praise.  So try it---- go drink again.   



 

1 comment:

  1. It's true that it's easy to forget that everything else is EXTRA, so we should be grateful. Great post:)
    --Elania

    ReplyDelete