Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Letter To My Future Bride


Dear Future Bride,

I already love you.
I know. I know that’s a strange way to start a letter, especially since we haven't met face to face yet. And I bet to you that’s kind of insane right?  But let me explain why I can already say that, because my love for you is defined by my already willingness to die to myself for you. (Eph. 5:25) So basically what I’m saying is; I’ve already committed to you.  And this makes me even more excited about the day we do meet face to face.  And I cannot wait for us to be together. I've been longing for you. And it’s been pretty tough.  I mean, dealing with the distance and the time apart, it’s literally killing me, or better said, breaking me.  It’s breaking me because I cannot wait to be made one with you in the perfect heavenly union. And if you're reading this, already know that my heart is yours.  Even though you may reject me now, I was required to commit to you before you committed to me, but see, right there is where the issue lies.  Because that's why we can't be together right now, because my Father will not allow us to be unequally yoked with each other (2 Cor.6:14). He's waiting for you to fully submit to Him first. And that will test and approve your readily love for me.  And please see my heart, that’s not to condemn you. Please don’t see it that way.  Because I’m reminded of the Garden of Eden when my Father delicately crafted Eve from the rib cage of Adam, and there was a moment where my Father worked on her before He presented her to Adam----that’s where we are right now.  And I trust my Father has selected you for me for a reason because He already sees your value, and I know it is worth waiting for.  God has selected you as a suitable helper for me, so I know one day, we will be together---He’s already promised me that. So I wait, because my Father’s work isn’t done.  He’s waiting for you to make yourself ready. (Rev.19:7)  So when you’re ready, the wedding will begin.  When my Father sends me to go get my bride that would only mean that you have fully surrendered and fully submitted to Him— which would only mean me dying to myself wasn’t in vain.  For that was done in order to make you holy, cleansing you by the washing with water through the word, hoping to one day be able to see you as my radiant bride, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. (Eph.5:25-27) So throw on the bright and clean fine linen that’s being given to you in this day (Rev.19:8), because your already crucified bridegroom waits.  So again I say, I’ll wait.  Because no man knows the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor Myself, only my Father. (Matt.24:36)  So until then, I will wait until the day I will be able to immediately recognize you, because you’ve finally been set apart, fully sanctified.  And I’ll be able to awe at my bride just like Adam when he first saw Eve and he said, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh, I will call you woman, for you were taken out of man.  And I will leave my Father to become united with you, to become one flesh.(Gen.2:23-24).

So this letter is to you, the church.    

Love Forever, Already
Your groom
Jesus Christ.

"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband." – “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”  Revelation 21:2 & 9

2 comments:

  1. Awww. This is the sweetest love letter ever.

    -Elania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome man. I wrote one of these years ago. Wish I could find it. :/. Good stuff.

    -David B

    ReplyDelete